- 1¼ stick softened butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (or light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 squares (4 oz) semi-sweet chocolate (not baking chocolate)
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix 1 stick of the butter, brown sugar and vanilla, beating together until thoroughly blended.
- Add the flour and salt until completely mixed.
- Press the mixture into the 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a rack.
- Melt the remaining butter and 2 tablespoons chocolate together then let cool.
- Be careful not to “kill” the chocolate.
- Spread the cool chocolate over the crust in the pan that has also cooled.
- Smooth it out then sprinkle the chopped nuts, pushing them down so they will stick into the chocolate.
- Chill, cut, and eat.